EuroCIS 2018 breaks 13,000 sqm mark
Start-up Hub booked out for première
Following the record edition achieved at the last event in 2016, EuroCIS – the leading trade fair for retail technology – is set to grow again next year, as even now, in mid-December, bookings for net exhibition space are exceeding the 13,000 sqm mark (EuroCIS 2016: 10,767 sqm net).
Approximately 450 exhibitors from 26 countries will be represented in Düsseldorf from 27 February to 1 March 2018, and the organisers are expecting around 11,000 international visitors.
EuroCIS 2018 will represent the full scale of innovative technical solutions designed specially for retailers and is an absolute must for decision-makers in the industry, as retail technology is currently more important in this sector than ever before. The focus in the coming year will be on solutions in personalised customer targeting, IoT and artificial intelligence.
The new Start-up Hub, a dedicated platform for newcomers with innovative IT solutions, is already successful, as the 10 available spaces have all been allocated by now. The following start-ups will be on board: Arivata GmbH, abl social federation GmbH, Beaconinside GmbH, Else Corp Srl, Fision AG, Infinia Retail e.K., NoQ GbR Lebherz & Dinser, 7Lytix GmbH, store2be GmbH, Verisae GmbH.
Topics at EuroCIS will cover a broad range, and the subjects presented at the forum will be equally multifaceted. The following talks at the EuroCIS Forum (all with simultaneous German/English interpreting) have so far been confirmed:
- “Better Business with Smooth Processes, Exemplified by Co-op Norway”, Ralf Schienke, Head of Retail Sales Germany, Fujitsu
- “Transforming Customer Experience with Humanoid Robots: Pepper”, Andrea Mestre, Area Sales Manager, SoftBank Robotics Europe & Robot Pepper
- “Switching from an Old Golf to a Porsche – SAP Hybris at the Ringfoto Group,” Oliver Hachmann, CIO, Ringfoto Group
- “Augmented Reality to Support Staff at Local Stores”, Simon Schwenk, Head of ERP, dm-drogerie markt GmbH + Co. KG, FILIADATA GmbH Stefan Gerum, Head of SAP Retail Innovation Team, Allgeier Consulting Services GmbH
- “Consumer Field Sales Business on Mobile @ Eckes Granini”, Henning Sittel, Product Manager, Orbis AG Wolfgang Menzel, Head of IT Germany, Eckes Granini
- “Something Magic – Smart Mirror Connection App”, Mauricio Warchaftig, Sales Management, Phizzard GmbH
- “The Battle to Be Price Leader – REMA 1000”, Frank Grunow, Sales Director, Symphony Retail – GOLD Solutions
- “Well Equipped for the Future with Big Data and Analytics”, Helge-Christian Eilers, CEO, Bünting SCM, Logistik GmbH & Co. KG
- The Omnichannel Forum (with simultaneous German/English interpreting) will focus on the new challenges posed by changes in customer behaviour. Here are some examples:
- “Human Digitisation: Strengthening Engbers Stores through Integrated Omnichannel”, act’o-soft GmbH with the participation of engbers GmbH & Co. KG
- “Omnichannel at SportScheck”, KPS AG with participation of SportScheck
- “Food Omnichannel Symphony, Exemplified by EDEKA”, Brandlogistics.NET
EuroCIS 2018 will be the third occasion to offer visitors 90-minute Guided Innovation Tours. These are organised by PlanetRetail and designed to highlight selected exhibitors, particularly on start-ups and companies with innovative product and process solutions. To register, go to RT@planetretail.net
EuroCIS 2018 in Halls 9 and 10 of the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre will be open to trade visitors daily from Tuesday, 24 February 2016 until Thursday, 1 March 2018, from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm. Day tickets are EUR 30 (EUR 20 online in advance), and two-day tickets are EUR 45 (EUR 35 online in advance). University students and trainees pay EUR 12.00. Each ticket includes free transport to and from Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre on local VRR buses, trams and trains.www.eurocis.com