Company News • 07.10.2014
A dynamical business climate around the innovation 360°
EQUIPMAG stood out as the reference observatory of the retail market and its trends
During 3 days, EQUIPMAG trade show has succeeded to mix quality, achievements and innovations in an atmosphere orientated towards retail and in a good business spirit. The event stood out as the reference observatory of the market and its trends, orientated Retail Innovation 360°.
For its 2014 edition, EQUIPMAG trade show has brought together almost 500 exhibitors, 15% of which were international, mainly from Belgium, Germany, China, United Kingdom, Holland and Spain, for an exhibition’s growth of 6%.
Fitting, Equipment and Marketing companies were well represented, and there were a growing number of Technologies, CRM and Digital companies, emphasizing the convergence of distribution channels.
With a frequentation of over 23,600 professionals, EQUIPMAG trade show has won its bet: to be the meeting of brands and experiential retail. “Today, the shop is the point of convergence of brands’ strategies” underlines Sophie LUBET, the exhibition’s Director, “and the quality of contacts acclaimed by the exhibitors confirms it”.
This year’s visitors demonstrated the mobilization of all sectors with a very large representativeness of different types of businesses: specialized distribution, pure-players, large shops, popular shops…, but also shopping malls, large retailers and independent shops… If the trade show principally attracted retailers, there was a raise of almost 5% of brands’ representatives and advertisers.
The visitors were a majority of decision-makers (+11% comparing to 2012) with a strong proportion of shop managers, marketing directors, and this year, an important presence of IT service managers.
Innovation in force
In 2014, EQUIPMAG has fully played its role of innovation vector. Innovations were everywhere on the different booths, supported by the presence of numerous start-up companies presenting their innovative solutions for retail.
Retail Innovation’s reality was also expressed through many special events which were content relevant, confirming EQUIPMAG’s vocation to be a dynamical platform where expertise encounters know-how at the service of the industry’s issues.
Among them, many new events were especially successful:
- The Retail LaB 2020 proposed an original immersion in the future through the buying process of a consumer in 2020. This area allowed visitors to discover a selection of 10 prototypes created by the Echangeur by LaSer’s technological partners.
- Equipmag TV Studio took place during the whole exhibition. Experts, exhibitors, retail, fitting and design professionals gave their point of view of today’s retail and their solutions for tomorrow.
- My Retail 3D mixed a rest area and discoveries around new dimensions of retail including design, experiential and participative trade.
At the same time, 46 conferences focused on current subjects, issues and perspectives for retailers, thanks to rich and interactive contents. The conferences program knew a strong affluence with 122 speakers and 2,115 participants. At last, a raising trend of foreigner speakers is to note with almost 10% of growth, despite of the airport strike context.
While waiting for EQUIPMAG 2016... Two events to come
In the dynamic of this new successful edition, EQUIPMAG fix an appointment in 2016 to offer professionals a new occasion to discover innovations and allow its visitors to benefit from the expertise of many retail actors.
However, strengthened by its position of reference exhibition for retail, distribution and point of sale, EQUIPMAG enlarges its radiance through two important events, one of which is international:
- The first edition of EQUIPMAG Retail Expo China, organized from 15 to 17 October 2014 in Shanghai Exhibition Centre. Created in collaboration with the organizer Diversified Events Hong Kong, this trade show will reunite 160 local and international exhibitors over a 5,400 sq.m area and 8,000 local and international buyers, and it will be the first international retail event in China.
- The first edition of PARIS RETAIL WEEK who will take place from 21 to 23 September 2015 in Paris at Porte de Versailles. It will join E-COMMERCE PARIS, the biggest event dedicated to the cross-channel in Europe, in co-location together with the new event dedicated to stores’ digitalization and connected retail: DIGITAL (in) STORE by Equipmag.
Check the special events and the latest news on www.retail360show.com.
Flashback video: the first day of EQUIPMAG 2014
more on: event planning