Report • 17.10.2013
Define the future of retail in Latin America
World Retail Congress in Sao Paulo
Latin America, in particular Brazil, is going through a period of financial stability, growth of middle classes and spending power. Many countries are under retailed and there are excellent retail opportunities, both for local and international players.
Building on the continuing success of the World Retail Congress Annual Meeting and its satellite event in Asia, there have been requests from the World Retail Congress community to focus on andaddress the challenges and interests high on the boardroom agenda of retailers operating in Central and South American markets.
Therefore, World Retail Congress Latin America will debut on the 31 October - 1 November 2013 in São Paulo. It is totally new and unique: a dedicated C-Level strategic retail conference specifically designed to address the Latin American market. This will offer businesses operating in this region or looking to expand into it the perfect meeting place.
The World Retail Congress Latin America has been developed in association with the industry's leading figureheads. Retailers, visionaries and suppliers from across the region have shared their experiences, knowledge and thoughts ensuring the Congress is timely, relevant and truly reflects the CEOs agenda.
Based on this industry insight, the industry driven agenda will focus on core markets, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Colombia and Mexico. This will equip retailers with the information needed to keep up with the pace of change and seize the available opportunities.
Alongside this, the congress offers hours of dedicated networking where face-to-face meetings can be arranged and lasting business partnerships established with Latin America’s retail elite.
The congresswill bring together a global audience of retail CEOs, Chairmen, Presidents and Managing Directors from all verticals of retail to hear from 60+ inspirational speakers including:
- Jorge Herzog, Vice-Presidente de Operações, ViaVarejo
- Jose Gomez, Senior Vice Presidente (Expansion Dept), Mango
- Flavio Dias Fonseca da Silva, Vice-Presidente de E-commerce, Wal-Mart
- Alex Cara, Head of Global Partnerships, Esprit
- Alberto Moriana, Sales Vice President Latin America, Procter & Gamble
- Tiffanie Papp, CMK Director- Latin America MDO, Procter & Gamble
- Carlos Hernan Betancourt S, Director, Colombian Association of Shopping Centres (Acecolombia)
- Simon Gaffey. International BD Manager, Karen Millen UK
- Jim Walter, Country Director USA, Karen Millen USA
- Carlos Carvalho, Director of Marketing & Operations,Luvebras
- Norman Jaskolka, President, Aldo Group International
- Francis McAuley, International Director, Debenhams
- Laurent Maurice Cadillat, CEO, Libertad (Groupe Casino)
- Alessandra Restaino, CEO, Le Postiche
- André Alves, ecommerce Director, Saraiva
- Flávio Dias, ecommerce Vice-president, Wal-Mart Brazil
- MaiconMoraes, Commercial Director, Arezzo Group
- ThibaudLecuyer, Co-Founder & Managing Director, Dafiti
- Edson Kowabata, Strategy and Development Director, GrupoPão de Açúcar
- Marcelo Salas Martínez, CEO, Café Martínez, Argentina
- JiovaniniCiccone, CEO, Pernambucanas
- Gordon Campbell, CEO, Spar International
This essential date in the retail calendar will give businesses the competitive advantage in this exciting and profitable region.
Source: i2i Events Limited
more on: management consultancy