Company News • 05.03.2014
Accellos Unveils Workflow Driven Warehouse Management System
Enabling end users to modify WMS functionality without source code modifications
Accellos, a leading provider of supply chain execution software solutions, today announced, at Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2014, the release of AccellosOne Warehouse Management System (WMS) version 6.5 which is built on Accellos’ unifying technology platform, the AccellosOne Platform version 3.0.
This cloud-ready WMS boasts an all-new configuration mechanism that leverages Microsoft’s powerful Workflow Foundation, enabling partners and customers to analyze and modify business processes without writing code or using proprietary scripting languages.
“Our vision for a flexible and configurable unifying technology platform has become reality with the release of AccellosOne WMS 6.5 and AccellosOne Platform 3.0,” said Chief Technology Officer, Ross Elliot. “Supply chain business processes require maximum flexibility and the ability for users to enhance processes as part of new distribution strategies or continuous improvement initiatives. The new workflow capability available in the WMS brings this level of process flexibility to our customers. In addition to the new workflow capability, this release also brings one-click software updates and a robust eLearning framework.”
Some of the highlights of AccellosOne WMS 6.5 include:
- Advanced Workflow Engine – Workflows enable the customer to customize the functionality of the WMS and the handheld without writing code or using proprietary scripting languages.
- Advanced Event Engine – Leverages the system to generate emails and information on behalf of your employees. Real-time information like new orders, receipts, bills, or customers that meet user defined criteria can generate emails, text messages, workflows, database updates or custom actions.
- Subject Workcenters – New Workcenters designed to simplify research related to customer, vendor and products
- Improved delivery and load building
- Enhanced container management
- Extensions to the directed move manager
- New scheduled task management system
- Improved Advance Replenishment functionality
channels: data warehouse management