Company News • 18.12.2015
Free Shipping Day hacks assure gifts get delivered on time
Study: 76 percent of online shoppers said free shipping is the most important factor when buying gifts this holiday
FatWallet.com, where millions of online deal hunters go to stack deals and coupons with cash back, launches Free Shipping Week featuring more than 35 major retailers offering both free shipping with no minimum purchase and cash back from stores like Dell, Bloomingdale's, Under Armour and Kate Spade.
The promotion also features access to more than 1,700 stores offering cash back on Free Shipping Day, in which hundreds have increased cash back rewards for up to 20 percent additional savings on last minute gift purchases.
Shoppers visiting FatWallet can also access a comprehensive 2015 Holiday Shipping Deadlines Guide to find final dates to ship standard delivery versus final dates to ship with expedited charges. "No need to wait for Free Shipping Day to get free shipping," said Brent Shelton, FatWallet Online Shopping Expert. "Our research* shows 76 percent claim free shipping is most important factor when making gift purchases online. FatWallet created a one-stop resource for last minute shoppers to assure they find a store that will ship gifts in time to share them with family and friends."
6 Free Shipping Day Hacks:
- Shop Free Shipping Day: 1000's of stores offer heavy discounts during the Dec. 18 event, but few drop their existing holiday spending thresholds to actually ship for free with no minimum. Some stores will drop the spending requirement needed to get free shipping, but shoppers should be sure to read any restrictions that may apply. Dozens of stores are already offering free shipping (as noted above).
- Haggle: If you can't find free shipping offers, there are two choices; 1-pay for shipping, 2-call customer service (or use a store's chat feature) and ask how to get free shipping. Some customer service representatives will help you find a discount on shipping costs in order to keep you as a customer.
- Spend Enough: Most stores require you to spend a specific amount of money in order to obtain Free Shipping (Walmart offers free shipping with every $50 spent). If you can add something of value, or another gift, to your shopping cart that meets the store's spending requirement to get free shipping, you'll likely save some money.
- Site to Store: If you've procrastinated and expedited shipping is the only way to get your item, picking items up in the store is a good way to take advantage of online only coupons and deals, if the store allows this purchase with pickup. Choose free in-store pickup (if available at online checkout) and you can often get your purchase the same day.
- Subscribe: Sign up for Amazon Prime for $99/year and you can buy most items on Amazon with free 2-day shipping and enjoy many other benefits of being a Prime member. Shoprunner is another option which charges a $79/year for free 2-day shipping and returns from hundreds of top stores.
- Compare Store Offers: One store offering an item with free shipping may sell that item at a higher price than another store that doesn't offer free shipping. You may also find coupons and rewards that make one store's shipping costs clearly better than the other.